Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Romance, Growing Up, On the Road, On a Mission, Mystery, Mystical, Mischievous. Whatever your story is, we want to read it! Submit it to the Fiction Fantastic Young Writers Contest for a chance to be published in this year’s anthology!
Can I Enter? All students in grades 3-12 in Lane County, Oregon are eligible, whether they attend public, private, or homeschool.
Why Should I Enter? To tell your story and to win amazing prizes. There will be awards for the top 3 stories in upper elementary (grades 3-5), middle, and high school categories. Winning stories will also be published in our annual Fiction Fantastic Anthology.
Did you know students grades K-2 can submit for a chance at selection for the Lower Elementary Spotlight?
How Do I Enter? First, write a story! What you write is limited only by your imagination. You can take us to the moon or to the center of the Earth. We can travel with you to ancient times or a future yet to be. Above all, have fun!
But please make sure that your story meets the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be FICTION.
- The work must be the original work of the author(s). Sorry, we cannot accept fan fiction or submissions based on novels, movies, video games, or other media that are under copyright.
- Coauthors must be the same grade level (elementary, middle school, or high school). It’s okay if you go to different schools, but all co-authors must live in Lane County, Oregon.
- Submissions should be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 3000 words.
- Only stories submitted through the official submission form will be accepted.
- Stories in languages other than English should include an English translation by the author.
Can’t decide which story to submit? You can submit up to three!
Formatting Guidelines All submissions must be copied and pasted into the submission box. Due to formatting issues, we will no longer be accepting attachments. We recommend SINGLE SPACING your submission to retain the best formatting.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I enter with a friend? As long as you are in the same grade level and both live in Lane County, yes! We love seeing the creative work coauthors do.
Can I submit an essay, nonfiction, or poetry? This contest is only for story fiction stories. If your story is fiction but it is styled like nonfiction (such as a story told in diary entries or through letters) it qualifies for entry.
What if I need to edit my story, but I already entered it? Never fear! You can edit your submission after you enter it. Check the confirmation email for your submissions which includes a link to make revisions.
Got a question we didn’t answer here? Email us at email@example.com.